Friday, October 26, 2007

On the Move

For the past month and a half I've been very happy with Savage Desire. Ever since Crisis' computer lost it's magic smoke and Median took over Raid Leader duties I've had nothing but fun. The problem is, and many in the guild feel the same way, is that we are not progressing as much as we'd like to be. The last few weeks we've geared people out from Kara and then the bounce to a guild that is farming Gruuls or SSC.

A few nights ago Dezzi and I were running Heroic Steamvaults with a rogue from Strange Brew. He asked me if we were looking for a new guild and for the first time that I can remember I didn't give a firm "no" answer. Other then progression in instances a major problem with Savage Desire is the GM. We found out through a third party that she is taking a voluntary leave of absence until the middle of November. That's all well and good except that even the top officers have minimal control on the Admin side of things. Leaving your guild without clear directions or interim leadership is just wrong.

We haven't decided to leave Savage Desire just yet, but we did put in an Application with Strange Brew in case we do. They've already welcomed us with open arms and even offered to let us form and lead Kara Group 3. The only person in Savage Desire that I've told about this is Median. He's told me that he is fed up with SD as well and is considering forming a guild of his own. No plans are set in stone just yet but it's quickly becoming apparent that that SD will be losing a good bulk of it's raiding force if things don't start to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you mean to keep this a secret, why post it on your blog so soon? We found out through a friend that a guildie applied to another guild, simply because they were of a higher rank. Well, we have several friends in that guild as well, including their GM. The guy I mentioned got an immediate GKick and a big, fat NO from the other guild. He is homeless now, begging to come back. PEACE!!!

Lleu said...

I haven't told any of my guild mates about this blog just yet so it's safe to discuss such things :)