Friday, September 14, 2007

Is Kara really worth this headache?

Let me preface this post by saying that I like my guild. The people are great, the GM is cool as hell, and I'd love to run SSC and Gruul with them in time. However, the raid leader must die.

Let's go back to Wednesday night shall we? Leadership had scheduled a late night Kara run. Starting a 10PM with invites going out at 9:45. Lleu and Slappy login at 9 to start preparations. 10 AGI elixers, 10 mana pots, 15 heal pots, 20 AGI scrolls to buff the DPS for bosses, and band aids are all ready to go. 9:45 /g Lleu: Lleu is outside Kara and is ready for his invite!

Lleu is told to wait for healers to show up. 10pm... still no raid. We knew one healer would be late so he's not mad. 10:10 the late healer is on. Still no raid leader. 10:15 the raid leader shows up. Invites go out. Lleu doesn't get one. "Sorry bro I forgot you" is what he's told. Still no big deal. He's first on the waiting list, doesn't really need Curator, and had already found a group for Shadow Labs.

During the Shadow Labs run another hunter says he needs Murmur and wants to swap out. I tell him sure, just let me get some rep. At the same time we down Vorpil, the raid makes it to Aran. I swap in the other hunter and I'm ready, just in case they need more DPS for Aran. And they do.... but Lleu's spot is offered to a Warlock that the Raid Leader knows IRL. /g Lleu: Um.... Lleu needs Aran please. Over Vent the Raid Leader "SH!T!! I totally forgot you Lleu, ok you're in..... Dude, why are you in Shattrath. If you're on the waiting list you HAVE to be outside waiting, play a twink or something but you've got to be ready to go."

Lleu is about to lose his freaking mind. "Hey {Raid Leader} I really don't want to be a d!ck about this but I was an hour early for the raid, outside Kara when invites were supposed to go out. I've got pots, band aids and AGI scrolls for dps. You on the other hand were 30 minutes late and convienitly forgot to invite me, now your trying to give my spot away again. So don't try to preach to me about being ready to go."

His reason for being late to the raid? "I was watching Friends. But I'm aways on time and bring my A-game" Friends.... effing FRIENDS!! To top it all off the Warlock that he tried to get in the raid instead of me took the same blimp as I did Grom'Gol. So the waiting for me argument is out as well. When I politely mention that fact I'm called an elitest and should just chill out. About this time I get a whisper from dezzi "shh" is all he says. Dezzi has followed me from game to game, from server to server, and at times to different guilds so I don't think this is an outlandish request. I bite my tongue and head for Kara.

We didn't down Aran but we got close. On the last pull, Slappy got caught in the door and it wouldn't let me unsummon him due to LOS issue. I think we would have dropped Aran if she was there munching on his ankles.

I don't know if I'm going to stay with Savage Desire or not at this point. I understand why Dezzi wants to stay, phat lewt is fun to get. He can tell that I'm frustrated as can the GM. She sent me a tell right after the raid apologizing for the RL so that helps a bit.

1 comment:

Annai said...

Guild nepotism is a bad thing. It happens probably more than it should. If the guild leader is in your court, then you might want to try to stick it out. If you get locked out again, it might be time to look around. We have a policy in our guild that if you get put on the "bench" for a Kara run one week, you're pretty much guaranteed a spot the next. That helps reduce some issues.