Saturday, September 29, 2007

Obligatory patch day post

Yes we know we're late with this post. Slappy apologizes profusely. Me? I'm to tired to care. We all know the patch day dance. Log in to WoW excited to play with your new toys. Get a LUA error. Log out. Pray that there is a update. /cry when there isn't. Turn off that Add on. Rinse. Repeat. Most of my add ons worked in some capacity. I had lost all of my tool tips for anything in my bags. After dealing with this for a few days it started getting really annoying.

Instead of starting small I started big. Let's delete the WTF file, that'll fix it! um, wrong? We logged back in and Slappy looked at me like I was an idiot. Fine, let's go digging elsewhere. I finally found the culprit, LootLink. I updated this on day one which actually cause my problem in the first place. Now there was a fix for it. Yay for tooltips! I can tell what how long I have left on my hearthstone cool down!

Now for the bigger issue. I really wish I could blame Blizzard for this but it's my fault. Remember that WTF file that we deleted, and that look that Slappy gave us? Well now we know why. Press F5 to mount up. Space bar to take flight..... why are we still on the ground? Slappy stop looking at me like that!! What the heck is go.... oh yeah. The WTF file holds the profiles, my hot keys are gone. We've become very good at quickly binding keys. Five minutes later we're in the air flying towards Ogrila to bomb the nasty demons and capture their souls.

We land and press F2 to send Slappy in with our pet attack macro. Seriously, Slappy, if you look at me like that again you're not getting anymore sporling treats. Now go get the demon. Oooo, my macros are missing. I don't write my own macros. I find ones I like on the intartubes then copy and paste them. Across all of my characters I've got at least 15. Now I have to go find them all again. I grabbed all the ones for the hunter off of BRK's site, quickly finished Simon Says, and headed back to Shattrath where I sat for close to two hours hunting down all of my marcos. Moral of the story: When troubleshooting, start SMALL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 - There is a new version of Omen available, which in my opinion, is much better than KTM.

2 - The latest Deadly Boss Mod seems to work, as long as you have the load out of date mods checked in the Add Ons menu.

3 - Damage Meters works as long as the option mentioned in #2 is checked.

4 - Gatherer is not working and it bums me out.

Those are all the mods I use, so I guess 3 outta 4 aint so bad. LOL

Anonymous said...

Btw, I get all of my mods from http://www.curse.com